2012年2月15日水曜日

The Nose, How Does The Nose Separate Mixtures

the nose, how does the nose separate mixtures

Momofuku Milk Bar Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies « wrap the nose

In honor of Swedie Pie's birthday, I made Momofuku Milk Bar Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies!

Warning: Dangerously Addictive

I used this recipe.

Earlier in the week I received an email advertising a Momofuku Milk Bar event. I was so excited I emailed everyone I knew inviting them to go, then I realized I would be out-of-town for the Princess Half Marathon and wasn't able to attend myself. Disappointed I was going to miss tasting these famous treats, I started researching recipes. Each recipe looked absolutely mouth-watering. I knew that I had to make one of the recipes for a special occasion. Lucky for me Swedie Pie's birthday was this weekend.


I chose to make the easiest recipe with the least amount of ingredients. I looked up videos of how to make the recipes on YouTube. Christina Tosi, the head baker at Momofuku Milk Bar, has been promoting her new cookbook so there were lots of videos to choose from (I watched them all… you can confirm that with the Yogi). She has a great personality so the videos were lots of fun to watch. Her recipes are inventive and reminiscent of her childhood. She is famous for serving cereal milk— you know the sugary milk leftover after you eat your cereal.


Also, there are normally 2 parts to all of Tosi's recipes. For example, I had to bake the cornflakes separately in these cookies. Tosi typically tries to invent lots of desserts using one of those parts, like the cornflakes, so there might be a pie with cornflake crust or it could be used as an ice cream topping. The cornflakes were a little too salty for my liking to eat alone, but once mixed with the cookie batter and chocolate chips it was pure deliciousness.

I followed the recipe exactly, including refrigerating the batter for an hour.


The only thing I didn't do according to the directions was add 1 egg. I actually didn't have any in the apartment so I used a flax egg instead. A flax egg is one tablespoon of ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons of warm water. Let the mixture sit for a minute and it becomes gooey. It is a vegan substitute for an egg. I couldn't notice any sort of difference in taste, but the cookies were a little flatter than photos of the cookie on the website.

I probably should have spaced them out a bit more on the pan too

These cookies are AMAZING! They are the perfect mixture of sweet and salty. They were a huge hit at Swedie Pie's party! While they take more time to bake than the typical cookie, I would highly recommend them for a special occasion.


Here are some other Momofuku Milk Bar Recipes for your enjoyment:

Tags: New Things, Recipes



These are our most popular posts: the nose, how does the nose separate mixtures

Do (Wine) Supertasters Exist?

Interestingly, Avery Gilbert cites an experiment in What the Nose Knows where even professionals could not identify more than three odors from a prepared involved mixture, and that "no one could bust the four-odor limit," or what is known as the Laing Limit based on Australian psychologist David Laings work. This begs ... Our tongue consists of some types of gustatory receptor cells in taste buds on the tongues papillae, each sensing or perceiving separate flavors. read more

Gotham City Impostors Review — TeamCTF

Worse, it does everything but mug you to drain you of every cent it can. ... Battles take place over 5 separate, small maps based on Gotham locations from the Batman comics, including Crime Alley (where Bruce Waynes parents were killed. Respect ... Frankly, to charge players through the nose for a game theyve already paid for is a rip off, just for minor character customization options that are among the only distinguishing things about the game, is a severe rip off. read more

Findings of technology - TechPit

Procedure is electronic noses. This device can detect mixtures of complex aromas, where over one aromatic element . Despite the fact that there are already similar products, the operation of this device is based on analyzing ... read more

New Orleans Beignets

This is why the recipe makes six dozen!" Five beignets later you start to feel bad. Uh-oh. What did I just do? You stop. Take in a deep, satisfying breath and a little granule of powdered sugar floats up your nose and sets off a little trigger in your brain… Just one more. Thats it. Just one more. ... In a separate bowl, measure out the bread flour. Add 3 cups of the flour to the yeast mixture and stir to combine. Add the shortening and continue to stir while adding the ... read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿